Re: HYLAFAX client problems

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Christian Braun wrote:

> hi jonathan,
>
> if i'm not in the right queue to ask, please advise me, where to go :-)

Next time, please write to the list.

> i have running
>
> hylafax-v4.0pl1
>
> on Solaris 5.6
>
> Problems to use sendfax, faxstat,.. with different userids.

Can't quite parse what you mean here.

> In the
>
> /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts is the localhost 127.0.0.1
>
> userid 97 is the permission denied:
> >Password:
> >Login failed: 530 Login incorrect.

Send the list a copy of the hosts file. And show us the output of the
your attempts to use sendfax, preferably the output of `sendfax -vv'

Jonathan Chen
The Internet: an empirical test of the idea that a million monkeys
              banging on a million keyboards can produce Shakespeare