Re: Arlington Hewes' RPM for Linux under RedHat 5.1

  SO> Thats what I think. I did install the RPM last week and it worked out
  SO> of the box. However, a littel tweaking was necessary to get some of the
  SO> statistic scripts running.

  SO> The problem (and the fix) was simple: In the scripts, the logfile was
  SO> called etc/xferstats and not etc/xferfaxstats.

Fixed in the current version, now available from the same place.

  SO> raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu said:

  +> 2. The dependencies are bad. The demand for ghostscript 5.10 fonts forces
  +> one to either over-ride the dependencies or grab contributed fonts.

  SO> Did install with --nodeps and could not find a problem here (receive-only
  SO> environment at the moment).

  SO> raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu said:

  +> 3. There is an unnecessary dependency in the HylaFAX rpm on the "mawk"
  +> rpm, when "gawk" is more than sufficient for HylaFAX.

  SO> Hey, thanks for pointing this one out. On my stock RedHat-5.1
  SO> xferfaxstats produced wrong statistics (didn't make snseful things
  SO> when using -since).  After about an hour of testing I changed $AWK in
  SO> setup.cache and voila, now the output makes sense.

You were both right, the RPM now uses gawk.

  SO> Another small note: There seems to be a typo in the .spec-file. The
  SO> output of rpm -qi hylafax looks like this:

Also fixed!

-DPN

--
Mr. Arlington Hewes           (tpcadmin@info.tpc.int)
The TPC.INT Subdomain          (http://www.tpc.int/)

       ***  FOR GENERAL INFORMATION                   ***
       ***         mailto:tpcfaq@info.tpc.int         ***
       ***  FOR A LIST OF CURRENT COVERAGE            ***
       ***         mailto:tpccover@info.tpc.int       ***
       ***  TO REPORT A PROBLEM (read the FAQ first!) ***
       ***         mailto:support@info.tpc.int        ***