Re: Modem hanging while receiving fax

Michael Möller wrote:

> Hi,
> i've got a little problem with one faxmachine. Sending to this one
> is o.k., but sometimes it hangs while receiving fax.
>
> Here ist the log :
[..]

> Hylafax 4.0pl2 - SuSE Linux 5.0 / Kernel 2.0.33
> Modem : ELSA Microlink 33.6 TQV
>
> BTW: Sometimes I have troubles with the modem state after sending
> faxes. faxstat tells me that it is "waiting for the modem to come
> ready" until I send the next fax. I "fixed" this with a little
> script that kills the faxgetty process when this problem
> occurs for more than 5 min. I've tried several modems and
> used the rpm-packages shipped with SuSE5.2 and built the
> package from source - same problem. On a second system
> i use the same software, the same modems, no problem.
> (Both systems have different motherboards, the one with
> the 16450 is ok, the other one with 16550A is not o.k.)
> What have i missed or is the workaround with the script ok.
> (Any problems to expect ?)
>
> Michael

Hi,

have enabled the 16550 Mode with the setserial programm ?
If so there could be a cabeling problem, because the 16550
can send the data a little bit faster. Change the two
cables and see if this problem already occure.

Uli

--
Ulrich Eckhardt       http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli
Signalgroßtat des wu-ftpd 2,4 (unvollständig?)