Re: Modem appears to be wedged

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Thomas Schoessow wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying for several weeks now to get that modem working. It seems, that
> it is a rockwell
> Class 2.0 faxmodem 14.400.
>
> The product revision code (AT I3) is  CES-04A GER 940829
>
> The modem name is a 1414vqe. I bought it 2 years ago.
>
> I tried several Inits and all that stuff, but always appears: Modem appears
> to be wedged

If the modem appears to be wedged, it usually means that it's not
talking to the host (and HylaFAX) at all. The usual thing to try is to
make sure:

    1.  the cables are connected properly
    2.  you're using the correct device.

The next thing you can do is to increase the debug level for that
particular port and see the chat script between the modem and HylaFAX.
In some cases you'll see what the offending command that's causing
your modem to freeze.
--
Jonathan Chen            |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
<jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>    |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.