Squished/compressed faxes

I am attempting to get Hylafax 4.0pl2 up and running on an
SCO 5.0.4c server with a MultiTech 2835ZDXb modem on ttyA2.
I downloaded the SCO binary distribution (the check codes were
O.K.) and everything seemed to install correctly.

I am now attempting to test the system with some small PostScript
files.  However, every page that I send (including the default
cover page) looks as though the page has been "curmpled", i.e.,
the output has been squished and/or cut off before the bottom
of the page.

I searched the manual and the FAQ and found several references to
"squishing".  All references suggested the inclusion of the
"Class2DDISCmd: AT+FDIS" parameter in the "/usr/local/HylaFAX-v4.0/
spool/etc/config.tty2A" file.  I inserted this parameter and tried
sending again with the same results.  I also rebooted the system
and saw no differences.

I also set the "SessionTracing" parameter in the same file to "0x4f"
in an attempt to get more detailed log files.  However, this
seemed to make no difference in the 3-line log files that I found
in "/usr/local/HylaFAX-v4.0/spool/log" directory.

Can anyone make some suggestions?

Thank you for your valuable time,

Chen Coulter
software_sourcery@bigfoot.com