null or missing CLIENT parameter?

  I'm using hylafax-v4.0beta096 running on RedHat 5.0 Linux i486 kernel
version 2.0.32 and WHFC Version 0.8.9 (Alpha) running on NT 4.0 Workstation
(with Service Pack 3, if that matters).  The printer driver I'm using for PS
conversion is the recommended Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS.  The port is
configured properly using the instructions from WHFC.  I can connect
successfully to the shared spool directory on the Linux box, and the client
seems to log onto the server successfully.  When I try to print to the PS
printer, WHFC comes up like the manual says, lets me type the fax number for
the outgoing fax, and logs into the HylaFax server.  After login, I get this
error message: "Cannot send Job 9; null or missing CLIENT parameter."  I've
been looking at the documentation/man pages/html pages for 4 days now, and
can't find a reference to the CLIENT parameter.  Perhaps I've missed it?  If
you could be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I would be most
grateful.

    Peter