Re: sendfax -F "my tag line" .. fails

----------
> От: J. Steve Mayo <igloo@connectexpress.com>
> Кому: flexfax@sgi.com
> Тема: flexfax: sendfax -F "my tag line" .. fails
> Дата: 28 мая 1998 г. 2:21
>
> I'd like to be able to change the tagline format from the sendfax command
> line, but I'm getting an odd error message. Here is the verbose trace
> output:
>
> sendfax -v -v -nmD -h mariner -F "Left|%c|Right" -d2566202 tmp.tmp
>
> <lots of tracing snipped... >
>
> -> JPARM PAGEWIDTH 215
> 213 PAGEWIDTH set to 215.
> -> JPARM PAGELENGTH 279
> 213 PAGELENGTH set to 279.
> -> JPARM USETAGLINE YES
> 503 Permission denied: no write access to job parameter USETAGLINE.
> 503 Permission denied: no write access to job parameter USETAGLINE.
>
> We run Linux 2.0.30, HylaFAX 4.0p12 and just one modem for now. It has
> been working great - THANK YOU!
>
> The docs say sendfax config comes from hyla.conf, then sendfax.conf in
> /usr/local/lib, but I don't have either of these files. Just hfaxd.conf
> (and my config.modem and config files in /var/spool/fax/etc/) The
> config.modem is the only file containing a TagLineFormat entry.
>
> I've even ran it as root and the same error comes up. I have check the
> and didn't find much on this one..
>
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated,

Hello  J. Steve Mayo !

Unfortunatly I have same problem.
May be my experience will be useful to you.

As i see ' -F ' option of sendfax can use while "TagLineFormat "  variable
set as " %%j "(user-specified job tag)  in modem config  file.

When I trie use  '-F' option of 'sendfax' , there is no changes on
outgoing faxemiles
(Example):
#sendfax -n  -d "81521756" -F "%%m"   file

And when I use " -F " before " -d " I have next error :
#sendfax -n -F "%%m"  -d "81521756" file
503 Permission denied : no write access to job parameter USETAGLINE
#

Later I have understood that the real problem is ' desiredtl '
JOB-parameter.
In mnanpage of  ' sendq '  :

desiredtl     	Whether  or  not  to  use  the format string
                     specified by the tagline job parameter  when
                     imaging taglines on document pages.  If this
                     value is non-zero then per-job format string
	          is used; otherwise the tagline format string
                     specified in the server  configuration  file
                     is used; see TagLineFormat in config(5F).

By default it sets as 0.
I can't find the place where ' desiredtl ' can be changed .

I use :

  Sys:	P-100mhz, 16Mb Ram
  OS:	FreeBSD-2.2.1
  Ver:	hylafax-v4.0pl2, tiff3.4