sendfax -F "my tag line" .. fails

I'd like to be able to change the tagline format from the sendfax command
line, but I'm getting an odd error message. Here is the verbose trace
output:

sendfax -v -v -nmD -h mariner -F "Left|%c|Right" -d2566202 tmp.tmp

<lots of tracing snipped... >

-> JPARM PAGEWIDTH 215
213 PAGEWIDTH set to 215.
-> JPARM PAGELENGTH 279
213 PAGELENGTH set to 279.
-> JPARM USETAGLINE YES
503 Permission denied: no write access to job parameter USETAGLINE.
503 Permission denied: no write access to job parameter USETAGLINE.

We run Linux 2.0.30, HylaFAX 4.0p12 and just one modem for now. It has
been working great - THANK YOU!

The docs say sendfax config comes from hyla.conf, then sendfax.conf in
/usr/local/lib, but I don't have either of these files. Just hfaxd.conf
(and my config.modem and config files in /var/spool/fax/etc/) The
config.modem is the only file containing a TagLineFormat entry.

I've even ran it as root and the same error comes up. I have check the FAQ
and didn't find much on this one..

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,

J. Steve Mayo
Customer Technical Support