Re: HylaFAX RPM

  +> In message <3.0.1.32.19980524155117.006d68ec@elgro.co.uk>, Phil Watkinson

  +> My suggestion to start the ball rolling; could we have the patch level in
  +> the rpm filename - ie hylafax-4.0.2-9.i386.rpm ?

  DP> I haven't been following this thread very closely because I'm running
  DP> HylaFAX 4.0pl2 built from the sources on COL 1.2 with no problems, but
  DP> how, other than the lib issues, does 4.0.2-9 differ from 4.0pl2?? -- Dave
  DP> Parker/DLP, Inc dlparker@dlpinc00.com

I think you lost the plot a bit ;-) hylafax-4.0.2-9.i386.rpm was a suggested
name for the RPM binary distribution for RedHat Linux. In reality I would
prefer hylafax-4.0.2-1rh5.i386.rpm bit it's all just conjecture at this point.

The idea is to have the rpm's name reflect the HylaFAX source upon which it is
based, in this case 4.0.2 -> 4.0pl2.

If you're asking how the current HylaFAX RPM is different, well I'm not sure,
it appears I have an outdated one. I suggest you install the SRPM on a RedHat
machine and have a look at the patch being applied to the source in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES  . . . it's pretty big. Also there's some post- and
pre-install magic/voodoo going on here and there.

-Darren (from a role account - sorry!)