Re: WHFC and "document page width"

I send this out so many times, this has got to be FAQ #1.
=====

Everybody seems to have this problem faxing out of Windows.  Appears that
Windows drivers like to create a page just a little too wide, beyond
control.

I fix this on my server end.  If you're using GhostScript version 4.x or
above, you might try making a simple change to your ps2fax script (in the
hylafax spool/bin directory):

* Make sure the the pagewidth variable is set to 1728 (should already be);
* Add the -DFIXEDMEDIA argument to the last command in ps2fax, viz.:
$CAT $fil | $PS -q \
    -sDEVICE=$device \
    -dNOPAUSE \
    -dSAFER=true \
    -sPAPERSIZE=$paper \
    -dFIXEDMEDIA \
    -r204x$vres \
    "-sOutputFile=$out" \
    -

This forces GhostScript to render the TIFF image at the specified papersize,
regardless of what the PostScript specifies.  Hope this works as well for
you.
-Alan