Re: DIRK'S FAXMAILER Email to fax gateway compiling problem

faxmailer.c didn't compile on Linux for me either. I did find a syntax
that compiled (see below), but didn't get much further on making it
useful. I now run an adapted version of dirk's as a perl script directly
from sendmail.cf. Not quite sure what security problems can arise from
that - perhaps someone can tell me. I also have uucp set as a trusted user
in sendmail.cf. If you run into further frustrations on the dirk/bob
scripts, try mine, imaginatively called benfaxmail (0.31).

Ben

#/etc/sendmail.cf
#uucp trusted:
Tuucp
#local mailer definition:
Mfax2,		P=/usr/local/sbin/faxmailer-agent, F=sDFul, S=16, R=26, E=\r\n,
		M=200000, A=faxmailer-agent $h $u

#faxmailer.c
# This compiles, but I never worked our how to use it!
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <unistd.h>

#define FAXMAILER_AGENT "/usr/local/sbin/bob-faxmailer-agent"

main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	setreuid(getuid(),getuid());
	setregid(getgid(),getgid());

	execvp(FAXMAILER_AGENT, argv);

	/*
	 * This really shouldn't happen, but who knows ...
	 * ``Man hat schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen'' --- German
	 * saying
	 */
	exit(-1);
}