Re: Timeout on PostScipt jobs

Wolfgang Mettbach wrote:

              Hello,

    just a quick question:

    where is the default value for the variable "PostScriptTimeout" defined?
    I made a "grep" for that expression on all files but I didn't find it.

try "find man -exec fgrep -i PostScriptTimeout {} \;" in the
HylaFAX source tree;

    I had to set this variable to 600 sec in /var/spool/fax/etc/config,
    because I got timeout errors after about 2 minutes when trying to send
    faxes with more then 3 or 4 sentences.

    I don't really care if the fax needs 2 or 10 minutes to be prepared, I
    was just wondering about the close timeout. The faxserver runs under
    Linux (Kernel 2.0.33) on a 386DX-40 with 8MB.

    Now a one-page fax (DIN A4) needs about 6 minutes to be prepared for
    sending. Is this a typical average time on such a machine?

depends on the contents of the page and the load of your
system;

	matthias