Re: No Pages sent

          Hello Jonathan,

On Mon, May 11, 1998 you wrote about the subject
'Re: flexfax: No Pages sent':

> The session log looks ok to me; just exactly what are you trying to
> send?

I installed Winflax (the HylaFAX client for Windows 95).  I ran "regmon",
installed a PostScript printer (HP Laserjet 4M/PostScript) and connected
it to the HylaFAX Server on the gateway. Then I wrote a document in Word
and "printed" it using the PostScript printer.

The HylaFAX server received the file and it was spooled in the directory
/var/spool/fax/docq as "doc9.ps.9". The header of that file looks like
this:

2345X@PJL JOB
@PJL USTATUS JOB = ON
@PJL USTATUS PAGE = ON
@PJL USTATUS DEVICE = ON
@PJL SET RESOLUTION = 600
@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Title: Microsoft Word - testfax.doc
%%Creator: PSCRIPT.DRV Version 4.0
%%CreationDate: 05/08/98 19:24:32
%%BoundingBox: 13 13 599 780
%%Pages: (atend)
%%PageOrder: Special
%%Requirements:
%%DocumentNeededFonts: (atend)
%%DocumentSuppliedFonts: (atend)
%%DocumentData: Clean7Bit
%%LanguageLevel: 2
%%EndComments

%%BeginProlog

Although the name of that file has an extra extension (".9") and the
header looks a bit weired to me for a PostScript file, Ghostview has no
difficulties reading and displaying it. So it seems to be a valid
PostScript document.

--
      \    /
       \/\/olfgang

                                   ___
Wolfgang Mettbach                 (O O)             Uekern 17
wmettbach@metronet.de            {  Y  }            33098 Paderborn (Germany)
"Only petty minds and trivial souls yearn for supernatural events, incapable
 of perceiving that everything-- everything--within and around them is pure
 miracle."  (Edward Abbey)