Re: Re: Fw: Is Zyxel U-1496 B fax compatible with Canon 270s? (fwd)

| I've been trying to setup HylaFax for production. I tried almost all here
| available fax/modems with various results. Till now I have most luck with
| MultiTech 2834ZXPI and Zyxel 1496B fax/modems.
|
| However, few problems (most of them reported on this list by varios
| people before) still exists.

I too have received a lot of good help from Harald Pollack. He's pointed
out questionable behaviour in Hylafax's handling of the fax protocol in
my log files too. Can someone who understands Hylafax and the fax
protocol please comment? I haven't seen such fundamental issues raised
in the flexfax mailing list for some time, but heavy users of Hylafax
(all Unix-based TPC cells, e.g.) will benefit immensely from any
reduction in error rates for fax transmissions. We're facing a tough
time handling our fax bills.

Thanks in anticipation,
Shuvam