Re: faxmail trapping/core dump

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Steven Pokrandt wrote:
> faxmail is coredumping when i forward mail to it!  with the following
> .forward file.
>
>  "|/usr/local/bin/faxmail -d lita@4258067351"
>
> the fax gets send over and over and over!!!    could deal with the core
> dump if sendmail didn't keep resending it..   the fax looks fine..   any
> ideas?  i'd send logs for faxmail but i can't find any!!

This is exactly the same behavior I reported earlier about pumping
multipart MIME data through faxmail; ordinary email seems to work fine,
but something is definitely hosed with the MIME parser (it hits the end of
the file, loops infinitely (and eating memory), and crashes when memory
limits are reached; sendmail sees this, and puts it back in the queue like
all good MTAs should, and attempts to resend it the next time you run the
queue; repeat ad infinitum).

Not a good thing. See my prior message for a more detailed breakdown of
what I saw on this end.

> oh, BTW you can't call me pokey anymore PREMA toy company and I are i a law
> suit over my nickname and domain name pokey.com...

Plus the pokey.org suit with a 14-year-old kid...there's a company with
absolutely no class.

--
Edward S. Marshall     emarshal at xnet.com      http://www.xnet.com/~emarshal/
Windows '95: with true preemptive multitasking! (Boot and crash simultaneously)