Re: 4.0pl2 and Phase B error

At 11:05 PM 3/27/98 +0530, Shuvam Misra wrote:
>| >I seem to remember there was issued some mails from people having
>| >phase B errors after upgradeing to 4.0pl2. Unfortunately I haven't
>| >saved any of these and now I am in the position that since upgradeing
>| >to 4.0pl2 all outgoing faxes encounters Unspecified Transmit Phase B
>| >errors where there previously there where none.
>|
>| Try recompiling the whole pack disabling the Fine resolution in the
config (p
>| -- ut it on normal 98dpi) and use your modembased config to use the fine
res.

>Is this a general observation. I too am using a binary distribution of
>4.0pl2, and I would prefer not to have to recompile.
>
>Shuvam

I upgraded from version 4.0 pl1 switched the dpi to 196 and was unable to
send out any fax (I got the message that the remote party couldn't receive
the width of my fax or so and ended in a fase B error). I searched alot
around thought it was my ghostscript package reainstalled about everything
I had on that server but still the Phase B error.

As a last resort I recompiled the source of HylaFAX and turned on the
normal 98 dpi. I installed it and everything worked fine again (man was I
happy).

BTW I use SupraFAX 288 modems to send faxes, maybe that could be the cause
too.

Thierry aka |Calvin|

Belcast@skynet.be - Graphic Intelligence Crew

-
 The opinions and statements expressed herein are the responsabilities
 of the sender and should not be taken as a position, opinion or
 endorsement of Belgacom Skynet