Problem in faxcron: Would someone please check the following fo

There is a line in faxcron

I have been working on faxcron, and there is one question that I would like
to ask you (because my query to the list last month went unanswered).

On line 386 and 387 of /usr/local/sbin/faxcron, there are the following
commands:

for i in log/[0-9]*; do
    if [ -f $i ]; then

As I can imagine, the idea is to file all the files in the log/ directory
that start with something between 0 and 9, and then process them further if
they exist.

But there is one problem.

If I run a similar version under:  GNU bash, version 1.14.7(1)

for i in log/[0-9]*; do
echo $i
done

then I get the following result (in toto):

log/[0-9]*

That does not seem right, does it?

Do other people get a similar result?

As best as I can tell, this means that the piece of faxcron that is supposed
to set the user and mode will NEVER work -- despite what the man page says.

Or have I misunderstood the code in the script.

Thanks for the clarification.

Seth Chaiklin

--
seth@psy.au.dk