Re: wrong status-message if receiving fax failed: normal and proper end of

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:01:11 GMT David Woolley wrote:

david@djwhome.demon.co.uk said:
> Hylafax is reporting the status from the modem correctly; your problem
> is with the modem or sender; you've given us no clue as to the type of
> modem.

Hi David,

it's a Creatix SG144 which works great in most cases. I was wondering about
the combination "terminated abnormally" and "normal and proper end of
connection".

Mar 16 11:55:20.29: [  891]: RECV FAX (00001097): session with +49 831 xxxx
terminated abnormally: Normal and proper end of connection

Same thing happened just some minutes ago, but with a different sender. I
thought the problem would be on the other end, sending it TSI again and again,
not on my end...

I paste my config.cua1 just in case...

Thanks for your help,

greetings Sascha

#
# Configuration for a Rockwell RC32ACL-based Class 2 modem.
#    Boca M1440E                firmware V1.000
#    SupraFAX v.32bis           firmware V1.000
# (and others)
#
# This configuration file sets up the modem to run at 38.4 for
# sending and for receiving.  RTS/CTS is used for flow control
# which also works for data connections.  Adaptive answer support
# is reliable, but to use it you must also enable ModemWaitForConnect
# to force the server to skip intermediate status messages and
# wait for the "CONNECT" message.
#
#
CountryCode:            49
AreaCode:               30
FAXNumber:              "+49.30 202.90-249"
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    00
DialStringRules:        "etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0644
LogFileMode:            0644
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          medium
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        KWB/innominate  gesendet_mit_Lingo http://innominate.de
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:           25
MaxConsecutiveBadLines: 20
PercentageGoodLines:    80
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:              Class2          # use class 2 interface
ModemRate:              38400
ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd: "<19200>"
ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # default
ModemWaitForConnect:    yes             # wait for CONNECT on answer
#
#ModemResetCmds:        AT&F2           # what you want for a Supra
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&K            # disable flow control cmd
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&K3           # hardware flow control cmd
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&K4           # software flow control cmd
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D2           # DTR off causes modem to reset
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # DCD follows carrier
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FCLASS=0;+FAA=1 # enable in class 0
#
ModemSendFillOrder:     LSB2MSB         # as expected
ModemRecvFillOrder:     MSB2LSB         # opposite of what makes sense
Class2RecvDataTrigger:  "\022"          # a la 2388-B