Re: :4559 ftp port

David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> writes:

> > can you disable/restrict the ftp server running on port 4559 via
> > hfaxd? basically, i don't need it and would like to turn it off.
>
> You can enable or disable these on the command line; however I think you
> will find that if you disable the new protocol, none of the Unix user level
> commands will work!

yes, true. i'm would prefer if the "hosts" file acl's would behave more
like tcp-wrappers. currrently, as far as i can tell, hosts that are not in
the "hosts" file can still connect and browse files in "etc" "conf" and
other directories. i would like it if only hosts in the "hosts" file would
get a connection and also that they would only be able to browse certain
directories.

i havent tried it, but i suppose i could use tcp-wrappers by setting up
hfaxd to run from inetd. but i'd rather just use the built-in "hosts" acl
if possible.