Bug in SYNC_EOL macro (was Re: FaxQueuer error: bad exit status 0xbfrom sub-fork)

Just spent several hours tracing a sub-fork failure (Signal 11 - Segmentation Violation)
[Hylafax 4.0pl2 on DGUX R4.11MU04/Intel with g++-2.7.2]

The calling trace is:

prepareJob() in FaxQueueApp.c++
preparePageHandling()
preparePageChop()
MemoryDecoder::scanPageForBlanks() in faxQueueApp.c++
G3Decoder::decodeRow() in G3Decoder.c++
SYNC_EOL() in tif_fax3.h

I haven't found the exact cause of the fault, but it's definitely in this macro.
For now, I've forced the system to never chop pages and things are working fine,
but I'd like a more permanent solution.  I probably won't have time to look further into this
for a few weeks, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd welcome them.

Regards,
John Ackley <john@softspace.com>