Re: sendfax works - faxmail and other frontends don't !!!

Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:

> Michael Agbaglo wrote:
>
> [please direct your questions to the mailing-list; you will
>  get more help from other folks than from me directly; trust me]

hmmm...

>     Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:
>     >
>     > Hmm. Please stop the scheduler faxq(1M), send down a new
>     > job and check the PostScript file in the docq/ queue (copy it
>     > also to /tmp for later checks), restart the faxq(1M)
>     > and check what the now created TIFF/F file looks like.
>     >

>     Test unter Debian:
>     SuSEFax.callSendfax: SuSEFax.PROTOException: Faild to submit job 6:
>     Unable to open scheduler FIFO: No such device or address.
>
>     Fehlermeldung unter RedHat identisch.

> The message says that the hfaxd(1M) can't tell the scheduler
> anything about the new job (because we stopped the scheduler faxq(1M)
> for this test); just ignore this message for the moment; the
> job is in the queue and you should inspect its PostScript
> file(s). If you later restart the scheduler you can push the
> job with faxalter(1) and check the resulting TIFF/F file(s) too.
>
> If sendfax(1) works while other clients don't there is perhaps a
> problem in the PostScript file.

Indeed. I used "Apple Laserwriter Pro 600" as the PostScript-Maker. I
read some that this driver is ok, I glanced at the header of the test
file and it seemed to be OK. Verifying the driver's output of a current
print with gs 3.33 results in

root@avocado [.../home/byteshifter/tmp] # gs persil.ps
Aladdin Ghostscript 3.33 (4/10/1995)
Copyright (C) 1995 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.  All rights
reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file COPYING for details.
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/n022003l.pfb... 1
750128 433911 1300076 14364 0 done.
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
  Serial number of failed request:  55

Could be a bug in the XServer too... (it's only an emulator on PC). But
sending tiger.ps from gs's examples works (displaying and sending).

Any recommendations for the PS-driver under Win95 ???