Re: sendfax works - faxmail and other frontends don't !!!

At 18:37 04/03/1998 +0100, Michael Agbaglo wrote:
>2 Configurations - one problem ... !
>
>A)
>RedHat 4.1
>HylaFax 4.0pl1

Have you given up with RedHat 5.0 and HylaFAX v4.0pl2? The compile
problems were a real pig to sort out, but solvable in the end.

>[snip]
>I CAN send faxes via sendfax - but I CAN'T send faxes via
>faxmail/susefax/whfc. Of course I can log into the fax server but what
>shall I type in to test it ?
>faxmail/susefax/whfc don't report usual errors. But their faxes become
>queued with 0:0 pages.

I have never seen or heard of a problem like this, and guessing from
the reply to your previous message on the 28 Feb 98, no one else has
either. You need to go into general-troubleshooting-mode, and provide
more information on the things that look suspicious.

A suggestion would be to have a look at /var/spool/fax/docq and the
postscript documents therein; there are any differences between the
ones successfully sent by sendfax and the ones generated from whfc?
Use ghostview or similar to inspect the bounding box parameters.

>Do I need additional conf files ? There are no sendfax.conf,
>hylafax.conf and faxmail.conf

hylafax.conf?  There is a default hfaxd.conf which is installed as part of
faxsetup; you probably don't need hyla.conf, sendfax.conf nor faxmail.conf
to actually get a fax sent.

>I'M REALLY DESPERATE - I'M MANGELING AROUND WITH HYLAFAX FOR HALF A YEAR

My archives tell me your first message to this mailing-list was 29 Apr 97;
HylaFAX is a sophisticated suite of software trying to do a complex job -
but it certainly is not this hard to install and setup correctly. There is
something definitely wrong with your system(s) or the way you are going
through the configure/setup procedure.

Good Luck,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.