sendfax works - faxmail and other frontends don't !!!

2 Configurations - one problem ... !

A)
RedHat 4.1
HylaFax 4.0pl1

B)
Debian 1.3.1
Hylafax 4.0pl2

fontends: whfc 0.7.0, susefax 0.8.0 (, sendfax)

While RedHat causes trouble during compile and install, debian had no
problems. But they have one this in common:
I CAN send faxes via sendfax - but I CAN'T send faxes via
faxmail/susefax/whfc. Of course I can log into the fax server but what
shall I type in to test it ?
faxmail/susefax/whfc don't report usual errors. But their faxes become
queued with 0:0 pages.
Do I need additional conf files ? There are no sendfax.conf,
hylafax.conf and faxmail.conf

I'M REALLY DESPERATE - I'M MANGELING AROUND WITH HYLAFAX FOR HALF A YEAR