Re: small suggestion for coming patch

Seth Chaiklin wrote:

    I understand that there are plans for making a new
    patch to Hylafax, and I would like to make a small suggestion
    for this new version.

    The sugguestion has to do with the "error" messages
    that FaxSend sends to the log file when the dialrules file is not readable.

    I will show/explain how it currently goes.

    1.  I made a new dialrules, but it was chmod 600 and owned by root. (oops, an
    oversigt on my part).

    2.  I try to run Hylafax, it runs fine, but in the log file:

        Dec 31 18:15:00 pc126 FaxSend[9013]: Cannot open file for reading
        Dec 31 18:15:00 pc126 FaxSend[9013]: Parse error in dial string rules
    "etc/dialrules.sartre"

    3.   I couldn't understand why I was getting a "parse error", because I had
    tested my rules with: dialtest, and it worked fine.  (-:

    4.  Anyway, perhaps FaxSend could specify which file it could not open, and
        I suppose that Parse error is a misleading message, with the named file
        is not actually being read.

    (I tried to find where these things happen in the sourcecode, but I
    couldn't.)

    Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks for the hint. I'll have a look at it.

	matthias