RE: PostScript formatter not found...

I believe I had a similar problem, which turned out to be that my build and
install of Hylafax had failed to create the link from $FAXPATH/bin/ps2fax
(faxpath in my case being /var/spool/fax/) to the ps2fax.gs file (even though
the installer said it was creating the link)..  Once I created the link it
worked.

Hugh