Landscape mode documents

I recently installed HylaFAX 4.0 on a Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.5.1
with a Hayes Accura 56K External FaxModem (Class 1).  The software
was installed from a binary distribution.  Most everything seemed to
work but then I tried sending a certain postscript document to a
regular(local)fax machine as a test.  It failed after three tries and
the fax machine complained about an error.  The reason for the failure
was not reported by the email message so I checked the log file:

 Client does not support document page width, max remote page
 width 1728 pixels, image width 2244 pixels

At that point I realized that the source document (from MacDraw Pro)
was in landscape format.  Is there a (easy) way to "rotate" a
document once it's in ps format?  Is there a way to detect the situation
and automatically correct it?  Thanks for your help.