resending failed faxes

Hello all.  I hope you are all well.
Quick question that't not obvious from the Hylafax man pages:
After a fax job has been deleted from the queue, because of three
(default) failed attempts, is there an easy way to re-submit it, using
the generated postscript file in /var/spool/fax/errq, and the original
job id? (Or do I just manually issue a sendfax command, with the
postscript file as the source?)
Also, is anyone lucky(?) enough to have to use older USRobitics Sportster
14400 fax-modems?  I've been battling 'failure to train at 2400 bps' and
'no response to MPS or EOP' errors with our USR's, which are send-only
configuration.  With the help of USR (now 3Com), tech support, I've had
some luck alleviating the 'failure to train' errors, (or they've just
'gone away' on their own), however I'm still fighting many MPS/EOP
errors.  (the initial handshaking is good, but after sending one or more
pages, there seems to be a remote disconnect after an AT+FRH=3\r, (or
something like that, and our USR tries 3 times, then quits.  If this
sounds familiar to anyone, and you want to compare notes, let me know.
The destination recipient fax machines always seem to be Pitney Bowes...
Thanks, Dave Lewis