Need help on Linux

Hi, I am trying to set up Hylafax  4.0p11 on two Linux boxes  (as root)
with the same result: access denied. I searched in the list and did
everything I found posted:

The fax and the uucp have the same UID,  the same group (uucp), even the
same password. The /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts belongs to uucp and has the
correct mode (600). When I start hfaxd I get the message in the message
file : HylaFAX INET: bind (port 4559): Address already in use, unable to
init server.
When I kill faxd and faxq I still have no access to the ports with
faxstat -v or telnet localhost 4559.

I've seen that Linix and Hylafax is a bit tricky - I hope you can help.
I spent lots of hours with this stuff.

Martin