Re: How best use multiple modems?

  MA> Modems connected to network servers will not work reliable with
  MA> HylaFAX because you can't control the time over a TCP/IP link to match
  MA> the T.30 timer demands.

On a lossy network with a lot of packet retransmits, I admit that we'd be
beating a dead horse here. But I can guarantee, as can most/many who have
Ascend boxes laying around, that the MAX would be on the same carefully
partitioned subnet as the HylaFAX box.

les@Mcs.Net said:
> Also, with the current version of HylaFax you have to go through
> another program that maps a pty to the socket which is probably not
> very efficient. It might help if HylaFax were able to open a socket
> directly to the modem.

I'm very interested in adding this functionality to HylaFAX, and I know
Ascends already have some hooks for it and are developing others. I might
even be able to pay some willing code-warrior to develop it, and then fold
it back into HylaFAX. Anyone interested?

-DPN