Re: problem sending faxes to pxb

Julio C Spinelli wrote:

    To have the modem emit this tone, you need to have autoanswer off,
    something like AT+FAA=0 works in many modems. To have this be part of
    the hylafax initialization, you need to add a statement similar
    (please check the manual pages for setup for the exact spelling) to

    AdaptiveAnswer: AT+FAA=0 #turns adaptive answer off

    To your config.xxx file (xxx represents the device name where the
    modem is) in the /var/spool/fax/etc directory.

AdaptiveAnswer: controls as a boolean value whether or not an
adaptive answer strategy is used (and defaults to No). It has
nothing to do with the CNG tone and setting AT+FAA=0 into
this configuration parameter would not work. The problem of
the original question was also how to make the modem emit CNG
during a call. AT+FAA=1 is typically set in ModemSetupAACmd:
to make HylaFAX service a fax, data, or voice call
as identified by the modem(!). Naturally this will only work if the
supports a good adaptive-answering facility (for more infos
see html/setup-advanced.html and the man page config(4F)).

I don't know if or if not AT+FAA=0 in ModemSetupAACmd: for the
modem (NB: the original poster didn't give much information
about the modem) will switch on CNG after placing a call.
I just run a test with my ZyXEL 2864 and it emits CNG after
placing a call regardless of setting AT+FAA=0 or AT+FAA=1.

	matthias

    Do this and it will work in many home pbxs. There are still some,
    that for reasons unknown to me confuse the modem into getting a busy
    tone and it just hangs up when they answer. Does anybody have any
    solutions for this?

    Good luck

    Julio