Re: sendpage leaves modem in state "Waiting for modem to come ready"

Wolfgang Baudler wrote:

    On Oct 30,  6:00pm, Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:
    > Subject: Re: flexfax: sendpage leaves modem in state "Waiting for modem to
    > Wolfgang Baudler wrote:
    >
    >     Hello,
    >
    >     after configuring HylaFAX for SMS paging I have the following problem:
    >
    >     I send a page for example with
    >
    >     sendpage -p Eplus12345 "Test"
    >
    >     The page gets delivered. See log below.
    >     But then faxstat reports forever
    >
    >     HylaFAX scheduler on caravaggio.gsf.de: Running
    >     Modem ttyf2 (+49.89.XXXXXXXX): Waiting for modem to come ready
    >
    >     Only a  "killall -HUP faxgetty" seems to reinitialize the modem
    >     to the state "Running and idle".
    >
    >     How can I configure the paging system so that it sets the modem back to
    >     normal state like the fax system does?
    >
    >     Any help is welcome...
    >
    > Please enable and show a serverTracing for faxgetty(1M).

    OK, here is the serverTracing from initializing the system until one
    paging job is sent and nothing more happens...
    Sorry if this is a bit long...

    <... trace deleted ...>

I've checked it and there isn't anything unusual; pagesend(1M)
should remove the modem lock-file after sending the message to the paging
terminal and faxgetty(1M) should monitor the same lock-file
and do validation of the pid in the lock-file every 30 seconds;

please check after a run of pagesend(1M) if the lock-file still
exists and what faxgetty(1M) is doing (use truss or strace
if IRIX comes with it to monitor the syscalls of the proc);

	matthias