Win95/NT WHFC: Syntax error: server side problem?

 I've been looking at the data coming from WHFC on NT4.0 toward my
SunOS-based server today, and think I see something interesting.  To me it
suggests that any fix is likely to have to happen on the server side, not
WHFC.

I've included a little tracing that I did in the getCmdLine() function of
Parser.c++ (hfaxd).  The big thing I notice, that does *not* happen on UNIX
inbound connections, is the triggering of the code snippet: (line 1512,
approx)

        if (c == EOF)
            return (FALSE);

This appears to be causing getCmdLine() to be reinvoked several times for
one command (Windows TCP/IP flow-control screwup?)... but it looks like the
buffer is not collecting (or is resetting), leaving just the line-end
character ultimately.

And, a line with just a line terminator is flagged as a syntax error.

I'm still digging into this, but just wanted to throw this out as food for
thought.
-Alan

---------
Alan Sparks, IS Engineering Support                   <asparks@harris.com>
Harris Network Support Systems, Camarillo CA    (805) 389-2430

Attachment Converted: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\Attach\telnet.log"