Re: MultiTech MT2834ZDXV recommendation?

Larry Pyeatt <pyeatt@cs.colostate.edu> wrote:

>  I have given up on my USR Sportster and am looking for a modem that
>works.
>Has anyone used the MT2834ZDXV with hylafax?  If so, does it work well?

I have been using two MODEM MULTI-TECH SYSTEMS MT2834ZDX/0314C
modems for nearly a year serving all of our incoming faxes, after
giving the USR Sportster modem to someone who had been bugging me.
The USR is just not reliable enough for standalone/server operations, though
as a home modem it seems to be fine.

The 2834s occasionally have a fax come in that looks like the entire
page has been squished into 1/2 inch or so.  Usually repeats from a given
site two or three times, then the problem goes away, so I can't really
blame the modem.

I have been meaning to do outgoing faxes using these, but with three
different document processors being used in a fairly small office
on several different architectures, it has been too much of a
hassle to interface.

---
Steve Moulton        SNMP Research, Inc            voice: +1 423 573 1434
Software Engineer    3001 Kimberlin Heights Rd.    fax: +1 423 573 9197
moulton@snmp.com     Knoxville, TN 37920-9716      http://www.int.snmp.com
personal home page:  http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moulton