Re: Hylafax rpm issues

Dave Wreski writes:

 > I really didn't realize he changed as much as he did in the RPM.  I certainly
 > would not suggest leaving programs out, for instance.  This certainly becomes
 > the package maintainers responsiblity at that point to be bound to maintaining
 > it.

For the record, I didn't leave out anything. All I said was it may be
easier to edit the config files by hand than going through
faxaddmodem. To that end I supplied default config files
so that users can get away just by changing as few parameters as possible.
The whole argument was about my installation documentation than
anything I put into the RPM.

 > As far as the /usr/hyla, which is certainly silly.  /var/spool/fax should
 > remain.  Possibly ./fax/hylafax and ./fax/otherfax, etc.

I didn't use  /usr/hyla. I suggested /var/spool/hyla and
/usr/lib/hyla. Basically I want to replace 'fax' with
something more specific like hyla ( or hylafax).

 > I also think changing the names are not worthwhile.  Possibly
 > /usr/share/hylafax, which is also a FSSTND, should be adopted to Linux-specific

Good point. I should have used /usr/share instead of /usr/lib as there
is no binary data there.

Ramana