Re: Installing new RPM...

First, I very much appreciate your help.

You mentioned you had to do this too, but from reading this newsgroup
it was my assumption that the RPM would do everything for me!

Next...
There were a few differences like the directory spec was SPEC, but
other than that I was able to make the changes.  when I ran:

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:56:46 +0200, Ask Bjrn Hansen
<ask@netcetera.dk> wrote:

>rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/spec/hylafax-4.0-3.spec
(actually "rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/hylafax-4.0.spec")
It ran through a list of many file paths then I got the following
response:
+ [ 0 -ne 0 ]
+ cd hylafax-v4.0pl1
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/hylafax-v4.0pl1
+ chown -R root.root .
+ chmod -R a+rX,g-w,o-w .
+ echo Patch #0:
Patch #0:
+ patch -p1 -s
+ exit 0
+ umask 022
+ echo Executing: %build
Executing: %build
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ cd hylafax-v4.0pl1
+ configure --with-DIR_BIN=/usr/bin --with-DIR_SBIN=/usr/sbin
--with-DIR_LIBEXEs
/var/tmp/rpmbu08561baa: configure: command not found
Bad exit status
(end of response)

What did I do wrong?
Is there a specific directory I should have run this in?
My guess is that the command is supposed to build me a new RPM to
install.

Thanks again.

  --  Ed Weinberg,
      Detel, Inc., An Internet Presence Provider
      edw@detel.com
      www.detel.com/
      www.serverking.com
      www.q5.com/  <-- find someone to CoolTalk or chat with here