Re: RPM: document conversion script was not found

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:41:52 -0600 (MDT), Steve Williams
<steve@genie96.com> wrote:

We get even closer!

>I used this EXACT problem as an example of the power of this mailing list
>a couple of days ago re: this ongoing "Linux RPM issue", and the reasons
>to not be editing the config files by hand INITIALLY.
>
>Somewhere on your system there should be a plain old "config" file.
>( /usr/spool/fax/etc/config on my system ) Not the Modem config file, but one
>of the the HylaFAX config files.
/var/spool/hyla/etc/config

>In there, there is a line "ModemClass:" line.  I will give you odds
>that you put something like 1 or 2 or 2.0 in that line.
It came that way.  I just commented it out with a "#", rebooted (did I
need to reboot?), then used the command:
sendfax -d 912033674005 /etc/hosts
In the hope that it would fax the text document to 9+1+203-367-4005.
It bombed.
The email announceing the bomb status was the same as before.  There
may be one less error message in /var/log/messages.

>ModemClass:             "any: tty[25]"
Should I try this line?  ^^

Here is what config currently has in it.  I have not even changed what
I think is the area code.

LogFacility:            daemon
CountryCode:            1
AreaCode:               999
LongDistancePrefix:     1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:        "etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:          1
#ModemClass:            2

  --  Ed Weinberg,
      Detel, Inc., An Internet Presence Provider
      edw@detel.com
      www.detel.com/
      www.serverking.com
      www.q5.com/  <-- find someone to CoolTalk or chat with here