Re: RPM: document conversion script was not found

[snip]

God, I love it!!.

I used this EXACT problem as an example of the power of this mailing list
a couple of days ago re: this ongoing "Linux RPM issue", and the reasons
to not be editing the config files by hand INITIALLY.

Somewhere on your system there should be a plain old "config" file.
( /usr/spool/fax/etc/config on my system ) Not the Modem config file, but one
of the the HylaFAX config files.

In there, there is a line "ModemClass:" line.  I will give you odds
that you put something like 1 or 2 or 2.0 in that line.

This is NOT what it is for.  Delete the line unless you RTFM what this
paramater is for.  If you are going to use it, it should look something
like:

ModemClass:             "any: tty[25]"

This is the danger of not accepting the defaults of "faxaddmodem", which
I think would have left this field blank.

Good Luck.

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indespensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )