Re: Sending blank pages

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Uri Teklan wrote:

> We have recently installed hylafax from the binary distribution
> (hylafax-sparc-sunos5.5-v4.0pl1-pkg) on a Sun SPARC 20, Solaris 2.5.
> Our modem is Motorola 28.8. When I try to send a Postscript document
> using sendfax, we receive several blank pages on the receiving fax.
>
> Could anyone give some hints? Where should I look in order to solve this
> problem?

Well, first use something to view the Postscript and make sure it is
valid (ghostview and ghostscript are good,
ftp://aeneas.mit.edu/pub/gnu/ and
ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/ghost/current/). Then us ps2fax to turn it
to tiffg3 and use faxview to examine the document, and try sending
*that*.

I always use two modems on the same Sun box to try sending faxes to
and from HylaFAX before putting a new distribution or patch on line.

			Nico Garcia
			Engineer, CIRL
			Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary
			raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu