Re: sendpage+hfaxd, SNPP DATA broken? (4.0pl1 Sol2.5binary)

Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:
> Mike Frohme wrote:
>     Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:
>     > Mike Frohme wrote:
>     >
>     >     Hello,
>     >
>     >         Just picked up HylaFax 4.0pl1 (Solaris 2.5, binary dist
>     >         from SGI) and have installed.  Fax features work great,
>     >         but I'm having minor problems w/Alpha paging:
>     >
>     >         sendpage works great when you specify the message in the
>     >         command line.  Specifying the message via STDIN fails - the
>     >         read never completes.
>     >
>     >         It appears that the MESS command is AOK, but the DATA command
>     >         hangs in this distribution.
>     >
>     >     telnet localhost 444
>     >     Trying 127.0.0.1...
>     >     Connected to localhost.
>     >     Escape character is '^]'.
>     >     220 palantir.memphis.edu SNPP server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl1)
>     >     ready.
>     >     login XX
>     >     230 User XX logged in.
>     >     page frohme
>     >     250 Pager ID accepted; provider: 9,XXXXXXX pin: XXXXXXX jobid: 35.
>     >     DATA
>     >     354 Begin message input; end with <CRLF>'.'<CRLF>.
>     >     Test message
>     >     Line #2
>     > [perhaps here was a line containing only a dot "." and the MTA
>     >  cuts your mail here because the dot terminates SMTP also]
>     >
>         Yes, I manually entered a '.', but it doesn't work.  It *is*
>         reading data on the port, because the server issues a
>         550 Error, message too long; max 128 characters,  if I go
>         over the limit.
>
> Oh. This is another situation. The sendpage(1) failed
> because the max length of the message is reached (and the DATA
> command is aborted and hfaxd(1M) isn't waiting for a "." anymore).
> Just say "quit" and hfaxd(1M) will terminate this session.
> Does it also ignores the "<CRLF>.<CRLF>" if you don't reach the limit?

        Yes, that's the point.  It *never* (as far as I can tell) sees
        the "<CRLF>.<CRLF>" in DATA mode.

        I added the comments about "550 error" only to validate that the
        server is actually reading data from the channel.  Its just not
        seeing the end-of-input.

--
Mike Frohme                                     frohme@memphis.edu
Information Systems - The University of Memphis       901/678-8820