Re: sendpage+hfaxd, SNPP DATA broken? (4.0pl1 Sol2.5binary)

Mike Frohme wrote:

    Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:

    > Mike Frohme wrote:
    >
    >     Hello,
    >
    >         Just picked up HylaFax 4.0pl1 (Solaris 2.5, binary dist
    >         from SGI) and have installed.  Fax features work great,
    >         but I'm having minor problems w/Alpha paging:
    >
    >         sendpage works great when you specify the message in the
    >         command line.  Specifying the message via STDIN fails - the
    >         read never completes.
    >
    >         It appears that the MESS command is AOK, but the DATA command
    >         hangs in this distribution.
    >
    >     telnet localhost 444
    >     Trying 127.0.0.1...
    >     Connected to localhost.
    >     Escape character is '^]'.
    >     220 palantir.memphis.edu SNPP server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl1)
    >     ready.
    >     login XX
    >     230 User XX logged in.
    >     page frohme
    >     250 Pager ID accepted; provider: 9,XXXXXXX pin: XXXXXXX jobid: 35.
    >     DATA
    >     354 Begin message input; end with <CRLF>'.'<CRLF>.
    >     Test message
    >     Line #2
    > [perhaps here was a line containing only a dot "." and the MTA
    >  cuts your mail here because the dot terminates SMTP also]

    	Yes, I manually entered a '.', but it doesn't work.  It *is*
    	reading data on the port, because the server issues a
    	550 Error, message too long; max 128 characters,  if I go
    	over the limit.

Oh. This is another situation. The sendpage(1) failed
because the max length of the message is reached (and the DATA
command is aborted and hfaxd(1M) isn't waiting for a "." anymore).
Just say "quit" and hfaxd(1M) will terminate this session.
Does it also ignores the "<CRLF>.<CRLF>" if you don't reach the limit?

	matthias