sharing a modem with pppd

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible in hylafax to send a fax through the
modem being used by pppd.

I mean: if I can turn of pppd, send a fax, and turn pppd on again.

I tryied doing this, but seems that the hylafax server insists on
resolving my machine's name when it gets a requisition, so that, when
I try to use "sendfax" when pppd is off, I'll get a message:

Service not available, remote server closed connection

And in the syslog, I have the message:

Nov  4 15:09:30 KH HylaFAX[1041]: CAUGHT SIGNAL 11

Any clues?

Thanks.

Z.