desiredtl and TagLineFormat

Folks,

I've been preparing to do some fax broadcasting and such, and one of the
requirements is to set up custom tag-lines for each fax that goes out.
So, I set up a little PERL program that takes a list of numbers and
tag-line formats to STDIN, invokes a single sendfax to generate the job,
and then clones it N times.

However, when I try to use the TAGLINE parameter, I get a message stating
that it is a read-only parameter.  I starting researching it, and
ultimately, after digging through the source, discovered that only an
authenticated ADMIN user can modify this parameter.  Alas, allowing my
various users to authenicate as ADMIN is a scary prospect, even if they
don't know what damage they can do.

So, the questions -

1.  Is there any way to configure what parameters can be changed by
    what level of authentication?
2.  Must I recompile hfaxd if I want to allow non-admin users to
    change this parameter?
3.  Is there somewhere in the documentation which provides a decent
    mapping of the different parameters for config name (TagLineFormat) to
    interface (JPARM TAGLINE) to sendq format (tagline), reducing
    eyestrain from flipping between manpages
4.  Is there somewhere in the documentation listing which parameters
    can be changed by what level of authentication.  Should there be?
    Should I write this  ;)

As always, thanks in advance.

David.