Re: whfc problems

Dave Wreski wrote:

> Well, I really don't know whats wrong here now.  I've downloaded and
> compiled 4.03 ghostscript, and it reports the same problems:
>
> Sep 22 03:02:55 apps FaxSend[22790]: MODEM input buffering disabled
> Sep 22 03:02:55 apps FaxSend[22790]: SEND FAX: JOB 14 DEST 3277338 COMMID
> 00000007
> Sep 22 03:03:13 apps FaxSend[22790]: Client does not support document page
> width, max remote page width 1728 pixels, image width 1734 pixels
>
> This is with logging set to 20.  Also, I was unable to find any reference
> on NT regarding 'maximum portability'.  I don't think these NT drivers
> have that capability, as I did see it on the Win95 drivers..
>
> Also, I'm going to have NT 3.51 machines connected to this fax server
> also.  I understand your fax program doesn't work with NT 3.51.  Is it
> possible to use the TCP/IP printing services under NT to simply print

Hi,

John Earl sends a patch to this mailing list for this problem :

flexfax: FIX for the PAGEWIDTH (Pixelsize) Problem
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:21:25 -0400
From: Jon Earle <jearle@hubcc.ca>
To: flexfax@sgi.com

in the PS2FAX file, modify the last portion of the script which tosses
the
file off to Ghostscript as follows:

Change the first line of this from:

        $CAT $fil | $PS -q \

to:
        $CAT $fil | $SED -e 's/dup \/PageSize \[612 792\] put//g' | $PS
-q \

This removes the pagesize info from the postscript file, and all seems
work fine thereafter.

whfc is not tested on NT 3.51 but i have reports that it works
there (but it will never works on Windows 3.11 because of the
great compatibility of the microsoft products).

Uli

--
Ulrich Eckhardt		                   mailto:uli@transcom.de
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli