whfc problems

Hi.  I'm using whfc to talk with hylafax-4.0pl1.  I understand from one of
the faq questions for hylafax that there is a problem with some versions
of gs and pixel widths.

It says to get a more recent version of ghostscript, so I did.  I'm still
having the problem, and wondered if you had any ideas of things I could
try to fix this..  The following is the relevant files I'm using:

ghostscript-5.03.tar.gz
ghostscript-5.03jpeg.tar.gz
ghostscript-5.03libpng.tar.gz
ghostscript-5.03zlib.tar.gz
ghostscript-fonts-other-5.03.tar.gz
ghostscript-fonts-std-5.03.tar.gz
hylafax-v4.0pl1-tar.gz

And this is on NT 4.0, using either the Apple Laserwriter PS driver, or
the HP IV PS laser printer driver.  The hylafax server is running on Linux
2.0.31-pre9.

Could you tell me how to try and send a fax from linux?  I don't know how
to convert the file to PS so ps2fax can convert it to a fax document, then
send it.  I guess I would just use 'sendfax filename.fax' to send the fax?

I understand this is all in the documentation, but I have already spent so
many hours trying to get this configured, that my time constraints are
pretty serious now, and I have no time left..

Oh, one more question, if I could.  I understand your program works on NT
4.0 and Win95.  Do you have any suggestions on how to use hylafax from NT
3.51?

I would think I would be able to define a remote printer that simply
converts to postscript, then possibly uses samba to print to a fax
printer?

Thanks for any ideas,
Dave Wreski