Re: faxgetty and data connections

At 17:18 26/08/97 -0300, kanaan wrote:

>The modem does not answer the phone at all!  Even though faxgetty knows the
>phone is ringing it never takes it off the hook.  Therefore it cannot know
>whether it is a data or a fax call.  I don't understand why this only happens
>when the line:
>
>AnswerRotary:           "fax data"      # answer for fax, then data

This is a bit of a hack for modems that dont auto detect the type of
incoming call.  I dont think the Sportster needs this (more modern USR
modems dont)

>is in config.cua1.  if it ain't it will answer the phone.  if it is a
Make this config.ttyS1 for linux

>data call it fails, if it is a fax call it receives the fax.
>
>I also did not understand how I inform faxgetty which getty program is
>to be used, but I guess this is only relevant after the call has been
>answered, right.

This needs to be done at compile time i think the default is aomething like
/sbin/egetty and /sbin/getty.
Whatever these links will need to exist for the data call to be answered
ie ln -s /usr/sbin/mgetty /sbin/egetty

Robert