HylaFax: PostScript recognized as text - why?

	Hi,

I recently recognized some fairly disturbing effects while using
HylaFax V4.01 on my Linux-Box.

It seems to me, as if Postscript data, sent to the fax server, is
recognized as text and so will be converted to postscript via the
"textfmt" command.

These faxes never will be sent because of this error: "Job time limit
exceeded"

The data files were generated from DVI-Files, using dvips (dvipsk
5.58f). The first few lines of such a file read:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0
%%Creator: dvipsk 5.58f Copyright 1986, 1994 Radical Eye Software
%%Title: pufahl.dvi
%%Pages: 1
%%PageOrder: Ascend

If I have a look at the files in docq, I see something like:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Creator: HylaFAX TextFmt Class
%%Title:
%%CreationDate: Mon Aug 25 00:54:17 1997
%%For: stenny

	[...]

B(%!PS-Adobe-2.0)S
B(%%Creator: dvipsk 5.58f Copyright 1986, 1994 Radical Eye Software)S

	[...]

I recognize a similar effect, when I trie to send a fax via my
mail2fax gateway. I installed the script and patched my sendmail.cf
according to the documentation in the appropriate script file.

Everythings seems to work, apart from the effect, that every message,
I send to the fax server via the mail gateway will result in a
postscript file treated as text. If I send a plain ascii file to the
fax server, it is converted in the expected way.

So, something must be wrong in my installation, but up to now I wasn't
able to find the fault. Can anyone out there give me a hint, where to
look further?

	thanks in advance
		stefan

	Stefan Schober, Pforzheim/Germany