Re: Chinese fonts (was: format files)

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, David Woolley wrote:
> > also, does anyone have any ideas how to send chinese characters (big5
> > encoding) through hylafax?  any postscript fonts that will work with
> > ghostscript, for printing them?
>
> As far as I know, modern ghostscripts will work with any Chinese Poscript
> font; you then just need an authoring tool that also understands that
> font.  I'll leave it to people with this need to confirm this.  There is
> at least one freeware Chinese postcript font.

can this be used to take normal big5 text, and print them without
requiring any special attention?  (set faxmail's body font to this or
something)
i've found a couple programs to take chinese text and make a postscript
output (make the chinese into graphics or something).  to make this work
correctly i'd have to make faxmail output in ascii (or convert ps2ascii
but still retain the carriage returns in the proper locations), then pipe
it through the chinese converter, then send with sendfax.. quite a long
tricky pipe.
anyone out there know of a way to convert postscript to ascii and have it
still look like the original (not have all carriage returns lost, and the
whole thing word wrapped) ?  ghostscript's ps2ascii is messed..