Re: Multi-tech 2834 zdx wedged (Equinox)

> On Tue, Aug 19, 1997 at 09:18:25AM -0500, neal@mnopltd.com wrote:
> >I am trying to get hylafax-sco3.2v5.0-v4.0pl1-cpio.gz running on an SCO OS5
> >system with the modem connected through an Equinox SST-8 multiport card.
>
> We're running this on SCO 5.0.4 with a couple of MT2834ZDXs, one
> 33.? and the other 28.? on a Specialix XIO multiport.  There are some
> problems with the ``/etc/getty -t60...'' process hanging on a data
> call and must be manually killed to resume normal operation.  I'm at
> SCO Forum in Santa Cruz this week, and was told last night to replace
> the /etc/getty with an earlier version (say from 5.0.2) as there are
> some problems with the current program.

Enough people responded that the ZDX should work that I got a fresh wind
and beat my head against it long enough to determine that when using an
Equinox SST serial board you must turn on "rts cts li lo" flags to make it
work.

We are now faxing .tiff files.   We are still unable to get Postscript files
to fax, but sent an earlier note on that.

Thanks to all.

Neal Rhodes                       MNOP Ltd                     (770)- 972-5430
President                Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247             Fax:  978-4741
                             neal@mnopltd.com
                          http://www.mnopltd.com/