Unknown mailer error again!

I went to check my fax server today and I found it has not been working
since Friday Aug 15.. I am getting the following error returned to me in
email:

Service not available, remote server closed connection
faxmail: .
554 "|/usr/contrib/lib/hylafax/mailfax -d jim@2380868.fax"... unknown
mailer error 255

This machine only does news and the fax server and I never touch this
machine.. anyone have any ideas this is really beginning to tick me off...

Jim