Re: ttyS2 under Linux?

> Technically, under Linux, shouldn't this be:
>
>     d3:456:respawn:/usr/bin/nice -20 /usr/local/bin/faxgetty -d ttyS2
>
> since it is a dial in operation?

Technically, in terms of the original intention of the cua0/ttyS0 distinction,
it is a dialout connection, as the first move is actually made by faxgetty, not
the modem.  However, as others have said, the use of cuax for any purpose on
Linux is being discouraged.

PS.  Please never request receipts on mailing lists (doing so at any time for
internet mail is expensive for the network). I suspect the X-'s have been
introduced by the list software to neutralise these: